mother's day



owen and i spent mother's day in san diego to witness lily's dedication at their uu church in san diego. owen got to ring the gong to start the service (he's always a lucky travelling companion--he gets keys to castles, cuts to the front of the queue, and now mallets for gongs!). we especially enjoyed the music and the reverend dr. arvin straub (who much prefers the archaic moniker parson). lily, of course, was all blossom and beauty!


afterwards we had lunch at the linkery a farm-to-table restaurant with tasty handmade sausages, salamis, bread and microbrews in north park. i brought home some links and hungarian salami for michael to enjoy (he'll be home tomorrow!).

and we ended the afternoon enjoying the fabulous san diego weather out on sal & jennifer's porch. i love this picture of my parents with their grandkids--

the best part of mother's day, though, was getting my mother's day present from owen--they had been working on this "secret" project all week at preschool and i just felt like a "real" mom getting my first signed handprint plaque! we found a special place to put it up in the office so i could be inspired by my big sweetbug... and of course, i get to celebrate swedish mother's day next week with michael ;)

2 comments:

Malissa said...

Sounds like a great Mothers day for a great mom!! I'm sure the San Diego weather is ideal right now!! I love getting the handprints or even footprints as my gift! It's my favorite!! Hope your pink eye is all better! That is the worst!

gocarcarcar said...

Thanks Malissa! I was just reading your blog--is that like a virtual jinx? I've been thinking of you and know you'll follow the right path for you and your family! I always find, by the way, a label maker to be the best tool for clarity and de-cluttering ;)