Al Gore coming to Oslo

so.. Al Gore wins the Nobel Peace Prize which will be awarded in Oslo on Dec 10. For those that don't know, Alfred Nobel is Swedish and there are different prizes for physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, and literature that are awarded in Sweden... Only the Peace prize is awarded in Norway... but this one also tends to be the most popular, which doesn't sit well with the Swedes I'm told.

Anyway, a few months back I noticed Al Gore's movie "an inconvenient truth" was everywhere you look in Norway. Scandic hotel allowed it's Hilton HHonors guests free access to the movie, and also there were books and t-shirts available in the lobby... I'm starting to think that someone was trying to influence the Norwegians this summer. I'm not going to give my personal opinion on the matter (although the film contains 9 errors), since if Al Gore can influence young people to think about the environment, it can only be a good thing.

0 comments: