saving money

A quick post while I am sitting here (in my hotel room) doing a data migration for our new system for Rolls Royce. Today I saved RR about 5000 NOK, which is almost 1000 USD. Apparently, we received some toll booth violations which Avis was quick to bill RR directly -- but since the car was rented out in my name, RR decided that I should be the one to pay them... So some two hours on the phone with Avis customer service and the toll booth company we got it sorted. We had a transponder, but switched cars, and didn't register the new car.. We had 7 tickets at 705NOK each. The funny part of the story is we tried explaning that the tickets will be take care of and Avis will be reimbursed, but a manager at RR told us that he just didn't want to see the invoices from Avis, that we should just pay them and expense to RR. So, I guess they weren't that impressed with us trying to save a bit of $. Anyway, re-reading it doesn't seem that funny, but it was a highlight of my day :)

1 comments:

gocarcarcar said...

ah, norwegian tolls. somehow it makes the $6 on fastrak seem like a pittance!