stopped in london for a pint

Yes.. I am back in Alesund. The plan is to get home in time to see some fireworks, so here until 7/4. I tried a different route this time, going through London -- SAS has a new flight from London Gatwick directly to Alesund. Since the British Airways flight from Seattle was all booked, I had to go through Vancouver... not sure if it was worth the effort.. BA economy class is pretty cramped. I did however get some spare time in London - had to take a coach from Heathrow to Gatwick - but got the chance to get a common British meal - steak pie, over-boiled veggies, and a pint of bitter... I think the beer alone is worth stopping in London for. Maybe I'll have to give Virgin Airlines a try, although I wouldn't get miles towards Alaska Air with them.



But now here in Alesund, trying to fight off a cold that I picked up from Owen (thanks Owen!!) - but just got back from a nice lunch from Rosemary's (complete with her famous chocolate cake!!) and I think I'll quietly get some work done, and rest for a bit. Not the same without Cara and Owen however, maybe the weather too, very gloomy.

1 comments:

gocarcarcar said...

london for a pint... that's just sexy.