day 1 - new site

We started working at another RR site here in Norway today -- on the island of Longva. This one has a bit more of an interesting commute. As you can tell from the map it involves a 45 minute ferry boat ride (to island of Haramsøy, the left side of that island) and then a 15 minute bus ride over to Longva. Total round trip costs 216 NOK (over $40) per person... We'll probably be here until end of June as the schedule is now. I'll post more pics from my commute over the next week... It's pretty dark here now during my commute however...

Map (my other site Tenfjord is also shown):



Marina in Haramsøy (summer, obviously not my pic):

2 comments:

Malissa said...

I assume RR doesn't mean Red Robin, what is it exactly that you do in Norway?? BTW, this is Michael's cousin in AZ, Malissa! Hi!!

Michael said...

Hello Malissa! i've been working on a software implementation for several Rolls Royce Marine sites in Norway. Glad to be in the US this week, visiting friends and family in Puyallup and Seattle.