we love jack

this morning i had what anne lamott might term a gluttonous morning--sleeping in nearly until ten while owen snuggled up with grandma connie and daddy and watched jack's big music show.
i know this because when i came downstairs bleary eyed owen joyously shouted: "mama! i'm a baby bongo bird and you're a mama bongo bird!" and he proceded to show me how to play the bongo drums on the ottoman, the couch, and my lap. we discovered jack and his musical friends a couple weeks ago and i find myself singing laurie berkner's "the cat came back" in my head (apparently she just did a song for weeds--which is next on my netflix queue) which was in our favorite episode featuring "scat cat"--a cat that mel (jack's dog) met at animal music camp--in which she teaches us all how to yes, scat. then of course there are the trachtenburg family slideshow players which to me seems right out of a vintage bettlejuice winona era. anyway, i'm thinking the music cd is on the top of our christmas list and i highly recommend tuning into a little jack. it'll start your day out right. and then of course being able to kiss owen byebye and go to work with daddy at the forza coffee shop in p-town and then having him shout with glee "i'm going to play with grandma!" is pretty swell.

1 comments:

Pajama Dren said...

Sounds like, all in all, you're having a good week. I miss you tons and tons!