saturday six

i missed last week'sthursday thirteen although i was thinking of the thirteen best and worst things about being sick (an excuse to watch cartoons all day, eating white bread toast, phlegm, waking up at 4 am wide awake because you fell asleep at 6 pm. . .) so instead i thought i'd get festive and sneak in a saturday six (or you know, six dozen):

favorite christmas music

6. a charlie brown christmas. the whole album.

5. silent night. anyone singing it anywhere at anytime moves me to tears.

4. and you've gotta have ella fitzgerald singing sleigh ride

3. ok so i'm cheating here and sneaking in a few-- under the rubric of "new favorites": jack johnson's rendition of rudolph the red nosed reindeer and the bird and the bee singing carol of the bells (which is just a fabulously lush and festive and glittery christmas carol anyhow) from the new starbucks collection stockings by the fire (yes i look forward to a new christmas cd every year--this one is highly recommended and includes old favorites--cheating again!--like dean martin's i've got my love to keep me warm) and then i can't get enough of rufus wainwright singing hallelujah from the lifted--songs of the spirit compilation (i've had this at least a year or so, but i did notice the 'bucks still carried it)

2. of course i can't help but get sentimental now when i hear frank sing i'll be home for christmas

1.
and lastly the entire collection of john denver & the muppets a christmas together with john warming our hearts with the peace carol and what could be more fun then the muppets singing the twelve days of christmas?

2 comments:

Malissa said...

Hu guys... I just made my blog private, so if you wanna check in periopdically, email me your email address and I'll add you to my list....malissa_cordova@yahoo.com

Pajama Dren said...

Ok, reindeerdogs and pink christmas trees totally make my day. And here's a little known fact about me--I can sing "Silent Night" in German, at least the first verse. Come to think of it, I think I can do it in Spanish as well.