"what number is it? what is this song about?"


since thursday has turned into friday i give you five for friday--

"owen said": the weekly top five

1. "no, west cannot go for a walk. he doesn't have a dog." said very matter-of-factly at the sandbox.

2. "i hear a trombone!" shouted from the backseat when track one: the Thelonious Monk Septet performing "Abide With Me" played from our lifted cd. musical genius? i think so.

3. "bye bye mr. sushi-maker-man!". my favorite of course because it includes a neologism-- said with a wave after sitting at the kanpai sushi bar for an hour and eating half a dozen california rolls and eagerly enjoying sake and toro.

2. of course this one gets its own number from the same sushi experience: "i must eat that octopus!" emphatically asserted while standing up on a barstool while getting a sashimi lesson. go little man! (so said the 2 dudes sitting at the bar next to us--that and "oh man mom, you're in trouble. no more happy meals." well duh.)

1. "we can't see santa claus. it's not christmas yet." very logically stated when i asked if he wanted to see santa on the toys for tots christmas train down in san clemente.

4 comments:

Michael said...

I hope the sake refers to the salmon and not the alcoholic drink ;)

Pajama Dren said...

Hooray--this is such a great post. O. is clearly a poet in the making.

acronym enthusiast said...

HI-Larious little boy! I can't decide which of these is my favorite, tho I'm extremely impressed (but not surprised) by the culinary adventurousness and the musical prowess.

Yummies by Kimmy said...

Hello Cara,

This is Kimmy (Michael's cousin in AZ - Sandy's daughter, Malissa's sister). We are planning a trip to LA the weekend of Jan 25th to see WICKED. I don't know if anyone ever forwarded an email to you, but would you like to go? We invited all the aunts and girl cousins from WA and I know Dianne is for sure going. I haven't heard from anyone else up there. I am sending another email out to see who is in and then ordering tickets before Christmas. Can you email me at kimmyca1378@gmail.com and let me know if you'd like to join us? By the way, I do enjoy reading your blog. =) I look forward to hearing from you. Have a fabulous day!! - Kimmy