sweden

I came out to sweden this week to help out another Rolls-Royce site that we are implementing. I left Seattle on Tuesday and arrived in Oslo wednesday morning with the hopes of an easy train ride to Karlstad, Sweden (the town where I am staying), but, the trains were not running, so I got here by the combination of a one hour taxi ride and a 4 hour bus ride.

I am enjoying my first non-work day here in Karlstad by avoiding the wind and rain and near freezing temps, and taking walks around the mall (and their Ikea-ish shops), and getting my Löfbergs Lila (same stuff you can buy from Ikea) coffee from a place called Waynes coffee. It is very ironic that they say this about this town:

"Karlstad is often associated with sunshine and the symbol for Karlstad is a happy sun. Karlstad is reputed to be one of the sunniest town's in Sweden and a local waitress, known as "Sola i Karlstad" (Sun in Karlstad) for her sunny disposition is also commemorated with a statue."

I braved the weather a bit to take the following pics:


(my hotel)


(town square while I am trying to shield myself from the wind/rain under the big x-mas tree)

1 comments:

gocarcarcar said...

the square looks a lot like amersfoort-- including hte windy stormy weather! we miss you and wish we were drinking sweedish cocoa with you right now xoxoxo