lillehammer

I made it back! Left Friday night and made it in to the town of Lillehammer (population 25k) -- pretty much only known for hosting the winter Olympics in 1994. I went with a German colleague of mine - Thomas. Saturday we made it into Karstad, Sweden and then Sunday (today) I drove all the way back (9 1/2 hours). Thomas stayed back in Sweden for a few days.

I didn't see any moose, but did see plenty of these signs. I think they put them up for the tourists.


Pictures from Lysgårdsbakken - ski jump and place for the opening and closing ceremonies. We got there at 9am and were the first and only tourists they had. There were also a couple of "jumpers" practicing summer jumps... sans snow.



Picture taken while taking the chair lift up:


Posing w/ skis up top:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Michael! I remember so well watching the Olympics from those locations. That was quite a drive and we're glad you're back safely. Love you.