working in sweden

It's been a while since I've posted anything, and I guess I've just been struggling in getting used to a new implementation site (near Kristinehamn, Sweden) and a new town (Karlstad, Sweden). It is definitely the season of fall over here as the days become a bit darker and the weather gets colder and cloudier, which makes me a bit sad... However, I still have a hard time in the 100+ F heat back home.

I flew into Stockholm which was a very nice city and took the train to Karlstad (2+ hours). I'm looking forward to going back and exploring that city a bit more.

I'm staying at the Best Western Savoy in Karlstad because of the points; the Scandic is a nicer hotel, but they no longer qualify for Hilton points.. bummer. I'm putting in long hours at the site and it's a 45 minute drive each way, so it doesn't leave much time for exploring or picture taking. I found a swimming pool last Saturday, and have been a couple of times since. Funny story was that I had a chat with the local swimming coach who used to swim with Pasadena City College... We used to play them in Water Polo and I had one of my more memorable games against them. Freshman year at Redlands, and I was already a bit fed up with my teammates, lets just say that they were not ready to play that day... to much partying the night before. PCC was not a great team, but somehow they were up 11-8 going into 4th quarter... I decided to become a ball hog and just keep the ball at hole (hard to explain to a non-water polo player) and turn and shoot whenever I could. ended up with 4 goals and 1 assist, all in the 4th quarter, and we won 13-12.

But the food is good and the people are nice. I'll try and get out this weekend and take some pictures.

3 comments:

gocarcarcar said...

that's my all-american guy!
;)

Anonymous said...

How amazing you had chat that guy after so long time ago since in Redland and one of a millionth out of USA. Super Michael!!!

Starbucks Junkie said...

Michael,
I can't believe that I have never asked you before. In your travels, if you come across a Starbucks, could you pick me up a mug? I collect them from all over the world. They are the big city mugs with the name of the city or country on them.My Grandparents (Bonholzers) have gotten me quite a few from obscure places. I do not have one from Norway/Sweden. Ya know in your free time:0. If not then no biggee. Thought I would ask. Have fun over there.
Cousin Julie