conversation for a bed party


but mom? why isn't melanie coming over now?

because it's bedtime.

oh. well, we should have a bed party!

oh?

yeah, melanie can come over and stella can come over and petra can come over.

i think all they're all getting ready for bed.

no. they can come here and stella and petra can sleep in your bed. and then melanie can sleep in my bed.

and where will mommy sleep?

oh! in the middle. and then bridget will come over and she will be queen.

queen?

yes. of the bed party. and west will sleep in the bed too and then bridget will stand on stella and daddy will sleep up top on the ceiling standing on petra and then jesse will sleep standing on melanie in my bed.

oh, where will owen and sierra dog sleep?
i will sleep in your bed next to you.sierra dog will just have to sleep in his own bed.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

tom petty say it best? it's good to be queen.

thanks O.

-B

Pajama Dren said...

wow. I sorta feel like I have a bed party every night. Between situating Guinnie and Polly on their blankets and Fenway on my bed, it's kinda like what Owen describes. Except at my house there's the added complication of Fenny needing to chew before he can fall asleep, maybe like a baby with a pacifier. And finding the appropriate chew toy is necessary to avoiding absolute chaos at bed time. And if he can't find a toy, he jumps on my bed and chews a hind paw until he's able to fall asleep. Until now, I just thought of it all as a nusiance, but I guess it's really a bed party.

gocarcarcar said...

nothing like preschooler perspective!