Saint Lucia Day - Dec 13

I was in Norway last year for this day, but St Lucy's Day seems more festive here in Sweden. When I went to work yesterday, the manufacturing warehouse was turned very dark with only candles lit all around. Since it was 8:30am, it was still very dark outside. Then some grade school girls came to do the Lucia procession and sing the Lucia songs. It's always a bit awkward being in the center of another culture's traditions, but kinda cool as well. I just wonder how the "St. Lucy" girl kept her head still the whole time, not to spill any candle wax (she wears one of these:)

We also got some Lucia buns, called Lussekatt, made with saffron. yummy with my coffee:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would love to go and see real Swedish traditional there. What a long day of darkness. Welcome back home soon. love, nana