we went to visit my grandparents yesterday--my grandpa's just moved to a full care home near my grandmother. the change has been hard for everyone, and my grandmother bluntly told me: cara, don't get old. it's just awful.

but awful or not, yesterday was one of those afternoons i'll never forget and am thankful to have had-- because owen sat on "gigi's" lap and read dinosaur roar, because after eating my mom's homemade apricot pie grandma sang the abcs while owen signed the letters, and because owen got to give grandpa a "smooch."



and this is why we need three year olds--to see that we're still young and beautiful.

1 comments:

Malissa said...

How cute is that!!
Chalkboard paint is really easy...my SIL said my door took 3e coats. I have used the spray chalkboard paint, and it was so simple. Just a few coats and you're good to go! My kids LOVE it!!