professor owen's mom

today i got my evals from my fall classes and i have to say they made me blush. really, they were awesome and a much needed boost to an otherwise sluggish quarter. this one i had to share because it's so not what i need on my cv but apparently one of my students thought owen worth writing to the dean about:

I really liked Cara, she was a great teacher and is very approachable. She made English 1C an otherise boring course, fun. she took things from outside class and incorporated into the course. I liked talking to her in office hours and she is nice to have a conversation with. I wish I could take her again. The essays were challenging but going to office hours helped a lot and she never got frustrated or annoyed and was always willing to be there. I will definitely come visit...and her son is SO cute!

so now when my file goes up for review it'll be known that i not only make a boring subject fun but i'm great for chatting with and have adorable pictures of my son lining the walls of my office. at least i had comments like "i learned how to develop a better essay" alongside--and i'm not making this one up either--"cara cardinale puts the c in cool." that last one though i'm having made into a bumper sticker ;) and these students haven't even seen racecar owen!

0 comments: