familiar names

rainy, wet, windy, stormy... getting colder. during breakfast this morning, I commented that the weather took a turn for the worse to the hotel host (presumably the owner). he just said it will be "no problem", he ordered everybody into chuch to pray that the weather get better... very serious, but with a little smile on his face. I assume it will get better. A big party this week is planned for the town, not really sure what it is.. maybe the town's anniversity or something like that.. I'll find out more details later, but know that Saturday is biker day (the Harley-Davidson kind), and Sunday is clown day.. we will see. Here is a pic of the pool's brochure that I visited today.. 50 meters.. man that is long for someone out of swim-shape as I am. managed about 800 before I called it quits.


Also passed this advert for concert schedule on my walk.. Sorry it is blurry, I think the battery was dying and didn't produce a flash.. but if you look closely, you can notice -- GEM.

2 comments:

Michael said...

ok -- so I was thinking of Jem, not GEM. guess they're not familiar. listened to half of the UW opener last night, so that was kind of familiar, and they won..

connie said...

It was my first game missed in about 6 years, and I had no interest. But, YES they did win - barely - they wanted to loose it in the fourth however! WSU got killed - I don't think Ryan was very happy. But, my ol' high school, HIGHLINE, won by beating Vashon Island 43-6 - it's a good day! Our roof guy didn't show up, so all the stuff sits on top for everyone to see! I'd like to get it done. Called G & G Fidler last night. They send their love - everything's good there. It'll be good seeing them at Christmas. Grandpa traveled abroad when he was with Crown, so grandma understood all that's happening.. Like you do Mike, we all need to experience the unfamiliar when we get the opportunity - then share it ones that we love. This blog site is perfect for that. Stay healthy - eat and sleep as necessary! Love Dad