wake up


less than a week left until I return now!! Now I just have to organize for my next trip out here, oh well, think about that later... When I went to sleep last night, there was a stage and a band playing in the square.. they were covering abba, tina turner, and others.. kept going until I fell asleep, probably around 1am... but now look at the square this morning. sometime between 2am and 6am, they broke down the stage and replaced it with this market. They will break it down at around 6pm and setup the stage again.. check it out with the "hof" link on the right.

Headed out to the airport this morning.. switched cars (this time a Ford Focus!!), actually it's not a bad car -- manual -- so that makes it a bit more interesting. pic coming soon. Here's a pic of the IKEA that I went to with Christie, last time I was out here and stayed with Jamo and Christie.


Oh, and if you want to see how bad the dutch really cut hair, take a look at this bad haircut -- hopefully Lynette can fix when I get back ?!? It's worse than it looks...

4 comments:

Michael said...

Thanks Lynette -- people will probably think I created a second account to give myself props :-)

gocarcarcar said...

oooh. ikea!!! more orange slippers please. hehe.

connie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
connie said...

It's good to see your fresh European face even though you may dislike your new "doo." I think it looks good!
Roof is up and done, painter's started, gutters go up next week. Connie and I are thinking about putting tile or stone in the kitchen - to begin soon - always adapting! School started last Wednesday - good kids I think - they'll sort out into different kinds of piles in the next week or two. Scheduled a field trip to Mt Rainier for my Geology class - Carbon Glacier trail - two weeks from last friday. We get a bus, a sub (for my chem classes) and two para-pros to help me out.
Huskies lost to Oklahoma (#14) 37-20 (Stanbeck was ridiculous) - Cougs romped Idaho and UdaPimp - my high school team beat Chief Sealth for two wins in a row. Hasn't happened in the last 20 years! And, the Seahawks just won 9-6 over Detroit - no offense.
Riley and Macy are spending the weekend - today's Grandpa Avery's 85th birthday; Janice, Steven and Heidi's families are up for it.
I deleted some other stuff that wasn't important.
You take care, you guys! Cara, give Owen a kiss for us, OK
Love Grandpa!